The question that’s put to us the most is ‘how does ClayArt work?’….well it’s like this…
• Choose a piece of pottery from our varied stock, take as long as you need and we’ll pop the kettle on.
• One of the ClayArt team will check it carefully and make sure you’re happy before you start. (It’s necessary to use a pencil for pricing but it does rub off nicely before you begin painting - carbon is inert and will not burn off within the kiln).
• Have a little think about your design
• Choose your palette of colours
• Before the staff leave you in peace to start creating, you will have all the information you need on our colour chart, sponging, stencils and stamps, the effect and use of writing bottles, as well as the mysterious presence of the felt tip pen in your paint brush pot!
• …and you’re away! All prices include the painting session, guidance & advice, glazing, firing, packaging and then the finished piece will be ready for collection within working 7 days'.
We sell hot and cold drinks which you are welcome to enjoy while painting, but we ask that you not to eat please while painting. The food residue or grease on your fingers will affect the quality of the finished glaze on your piece trust us! We so hope you’ll come and visit soon…and remember any questions you may have that aren’t covered in the process above we are always very happy to have a chat. Feel free to pop into the studio, mail or call us any time!
If it’s not convenient for you to pick up your completed items, we are happy to mail it to whenever you are for an additional cost in line with Royal Mail charges.