The Christmas time is almost here, and our Christmas display is bursting at it's seams with lots and lots of new Yuletide characters to be painted up and gifted ( to others or yourself!). We think we have something for everyone - classic and character baubles and ornaments, word plaques, tea light holders, Santa and reindeer, snowmen and robins, gingerbread men and ladies, penguins and Christmas trees! Not to forget the festive trinket dishes, character bowls and mugs, which are just perfect for the hot chocolate with marshmallows and extra sprinkles on top! Some of our ornaments are hand made on premises, something which we haven't done in the past, but it sure is satisfying to see them being picked and painted.
Over last couple of weeks we've been gradually updating and changing our studio image and layout, and judging by the positive feedback of our customers, we are moving very much in the right direction!
It all started with new tablecloths, then we moved the counter and gained much needed easy access to the workshop part of the studio, followed by new addition of much needed wrapping desk with easy access to bubble wrap, sticky tape and scissors!
We are very glad that all these changes are noticed and approved of by our visitors, but what gets most comments, exclamations and smiles, is the smallest of the rooms - our bathroom! With all those funky tiles, now proudly decorating our loo walls, it sure is a talking point!
We plan to continue with improvements to the studio to create relaxing, yet contemporary space to come and relax with your family and friends.
The Autumn is officially here, and so is our seasonal Halloween collection of nicely spooky ornaments! We have cats and frogs, pumpkins and zombies, gnomes and warlocks and a fabulous Boo! sign to really get you into the atmosphere of long evenings and cosy nights in!
Can you believe that Autumn, along with all its crispy cold, sunny, wood-smokey, ginger coloured days will soon be upon us?! ...Maybe time to start thinking of Halloween and Christmas activities... YAY we can't wait!
Possible gift ideas please we hear you cry....well you could always give ClayArt vouchers or book in a surprise session. A perfect pre-Christmas outing for you and your friends or family to make your own presents?? Clever, original and memory making all in one gift! Yes ...you're welcome ;-)
The image below is one form our Winter archives but we LOVE the idea ...genius.
Treated ourselves to these lovely seaside table cloths!
Seaside themes are always such a popular choice when it comes to subject matter and we think these might give you a few ideas! Seagull's, lighthouse's, boats, anchors, ice creams, flags...an endless supply of inspiration!
The question that’s put to us the most is ‘how does ClayArt work?’….well it’s like this…
• Choose a piece of pottery from our varied stock, take as long as you need and we’ll pop the kettle on.
• One of the ClayArt team will check it carefully and make sure you’re happy before you start. (It’s necessary to use a pencil for pricing but it does rub off nicely before you begin painting - carbon is inert and will not burn off within the kiln).
• Have a little think about your design
• Choose your palette of colours
• Before the staff leave you in peace to start creating, you will have all the information you need on our colour chart, sponging, stencils and stamps, the effect and use of writing bottles, as well as the mysterious presence of the felt tip pen in your paint brush pot!
• …and you’re away! All prices include the painting session, guidance & advice, glazing, firing, packaging and then the finished piece will be ready for collection within working 7 days'.
Well another fun filled creative frenzy was had by all! Today we had the pleasure of meeting The Caroline Seymour Language School students' ....we adore the patchwork of colours they opted for, just fabulous you little clever clogs!